I've been trying to lose weight for the a couple of years. It's like I'm on a yo-yo. i go up and down. I lose weight, then I gain it back and then some..... Back in May-ish I started walking during my lunch break at a nearby track field. That didn't last too long, especially since I live in Phoenix!!! It got too hot to walk so I stopped. Then I tried walking on the tread mill but that didn't work out.... So then I thought that I would cut back on my meals and try to take my lunch to work rather than get fast food. It seems to be working but what do I snack on when it's 10am and I had breakfast at 6am and lunch is just a few hours away?
Recently my good friend J.Scott told me that starting December 1, 2008 she is starting her weight loss program because CSP bet her that she can't lose 100 pounds by next christmas. I told her that I would join her in this journey. I'm excited but am soooo scared to weigh myself! I have not weighted myself in over 3 years???? I don't even remember the last time I weighed myself!!! We are going to count calories and I hope to start walking again during my lunch break and definately start a work out plan for the evenings.
I think the hardest part is trying to count calories and work out at home. I hope that after I start this that my hubby will want to join me or start eating healthier and maybe join me with my work outs. I know that I am going to need a lot of support from my family. This is going to be a very emotional journey and I am looking forward to the reward in the end!
I asked myself, Why do you want to lose weight? These are the reasons why:
I want to lose weight for me.
I want to lose weight because I want to feel good about myself again.
I want to be able to play sports with my kids and not get tired right away & have a shortness of breath.
I want to lose weight because I want to live to see my kids grow up.
I want to lose weight because I am tired of living an obesed life!
I want to lose weight and keep it off!

First of all, thank you for subscribing to my blog! I appreciate your readership! I will subscribe to yours to! I know we're complete strangers, but the experiences and the emotions we experience on this journey can be remarkably similar. You can do this if you decide that nothing will stand in your way. No excuse, no stressful trigger, no food can make you fail if you decide it can't.
ReplyDeleteSupport is very important! I too hope your husband comes along for the mission. Perhaps he'll see your success and be inspired to join along. I'm extremely lucky to have such a solid network of support.
You know what keeps me going so strong? My blog. Pure and simple. It's accountability. I never miss a day. It's just too important to me.
I wish you the greatest success!
You CAN do this once and for all!
Take care,
Sean Anderson