Weight Loss Goal: 100 lbs or whatever I'm comfortable with.

Sunday, November 30, 2008

Weigh Day!!!

***fixed all photos***


Today was my first official weigh day!  One of many, I'm sure :)  I've decided that weigh days will be on Sunday of every week.  I have not determinded my weight loss goal but I'm sure that's not important right now.



I took pictures of my initial weigh in and let me just say that I was SHOCKED to see my weight!  I was embarrassed to let my hubby & kids see my weight but I have their support and if I'm going to do this I have be comfortable with my weight now and work on losing it.  After all, that's why I'm doing this, right :)




I had to get on the scale 7 times just to make sure I was getting an acurrate reading!!!!  OMG, 7 times on the scale today!!!!!

1st - 260 (no photo for this one)
2nd - 264.5


3rd - 272


4th - 274.5


5th - 275


6th - 275


7th - 275


As a result, I am 275 lbs on weigh day #1.

Today was a busy day for me.  I started my day off by going to church.  After church my hubby & I went grocery shopping.  I thought we would be in and out!  Man was I wrong!  I could not believe how many calories I was eating....just for breakfast and lunch mind you!  That didn't even include dinner!!!!  Everything I grabbed for either lunch or dinner I was looking at calories and I just kept thinking.....how am I going to get through this?  You know, I can call Jennifer and just bail on the whole weight loss program but I couldn't do that to myself or to Jennifer for that matter.  After all, I'm her support system :)  I can do this, we can do this!

Initially, I was thinking I would start with 1200 calories a day but after making breakfast, lunch and snacks I decided that 1500 would be good to start with.  The reason I say that is by the time I was finished making breakfast, snack, lunch & snack I was already at 1190 calories for the day!!!  That only left me with 10 calories for dinner!!!  So after talking with my hubby about it, we both agreed that 1500 calories would be the best starting point.  I didn't take pictures of breakfast, snack, lunch & snack but I can add pictures tomorrow.  I'll snap pictures before I eat and post to the blog.

This is what I prepared for my first day.

Breakfast:
  • 1 medium Banana = 60 calories
  • 1 plain fat free yogurt = 120 calories
Snack #1:
  • 1 cup pineapple = 60 calories
  • 4 tablespoons cool whip = 50 calories
  • 1 cup cottage cheese = 220 calories
Lunch:
  • 1 can chicken noodle soup = 140 calories
  • 22 soup crackers = 60 calories
Snack #2:
  • 4 celery stocks = 40 calories
  • 2 tablespoons peanut butter = 190 calories
Optional Snack:
  • 17 slices turkey pepperoni = 70 calories
  • 14 cheese cubes = 180 calories
Total Calories for breakfast, lunch & 3 snacks = 1190
**Total Calories for breakfast, lunch & 2 snacks = 940

I forgot to mention that after telling my hubby about the program I'm starting tomorrow he said he would join me and be my support when I go excercising.  I've decided that I'm going to start off by walking during my lunch break and then prepare dinner by 5pm and go walking with the kids & my hubby by 6pm.  This way we all get some excercise in!  Another thing I didn't mention was that my hubby bought me some new running shoes for my road to weight loss!  Thank you so much for supporting me CW!




1 comment:

  1. WE CAN DO THIS!!! And I will not let you fail, come next year we will be two smoking hot mama's haha. No more Fat Girl clothes on my christmas wish list. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind words of encouragement,

Krisha