Weight Loss Goal: 100 lbs or whatever I'm comfortable with.

Monday, February 15, 2010

Day 4-7: Minor set back...

Minor set back???  Really?

No, not really.  Last week I was jogging at our fitness center on the treadmill & injured my leg.  I'm not sure what happened but my left leg has been bothering me since then.  I decided to watch my calories closely and to skip my workouts until I could walk briskly without any pain in my leg.

Saturday, I attempted to walk but my leg was still a little sore.  I didn't get to my work outs this past week.  Wednesday will be one whole week of no work outs.  This is also my short week at work which also means longer hours in the office.

Sunday was also my weigh in day.  I gained 1 lb.  I was disappointed and wondered how I could have gained 1 lb.  I remembered I only worked out 3 of the 7 days.  I watched my calories and tried to stay under 1500 calories a day.  I can feel that I am losing the weight.  I feel it on my body.  My skin is loose and I'm just wondering how could I have gained a pound?

I'm not going to let it get to me.  I've got to move on and continue to eat healthy & slowly start exercising again.  That's the only way I am going to succeed in my weight loss journey.

Today we celebrated my son's 6th birthday.  He was so excited!  I totally blew my calories today!  We had Navajo tacos and a birthday cake with ice cream.  So when I say I blew my corlies today....I totally blew it today!

Tomorrow is a new day!  A fresh start! 

Hope you all had a fabulous day!

Take care,


2 comments:

  1. Don't forget that muscle weihs more than fat. If your clothes are still getting looser that's probably what it is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And remember, our bodies are about 70 percent or so water and fluids... so if you ate anything high sodium, it's most likely just water. That's just temporary, no big deal. Next week will most likely be a good number. :-)
    You have the right attitude... taking the long view, and just trust the process. We all have ups and downs on the scale, even when we have done well. No biggee.
    Loretta
    =^..^=

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind words of encouragement,

Krisha