Weight Loss Goal: 100 lbs or whatever I'm comfortable with.

Sunday, July 12, 2009

Getting back to the basics!

Hello! Sorry I've been missing....AGAIN! What have I been up to and what's been going on? Have I been keeping to my 1500 calorie a day program? Well I haven't been doing such a good job this past month. I don't know what it is or what happened! Yes, it sounds familiar doesn't it! I know I've fallen off before & have been struggling lately.

I lost my
somewhere along the way!



Or could it be that I lost my


I honestly don't know what it is! I've been thinking maybe I need get back to the basics & start over. I probably should
along the way this time. I need accountability! Wait, that's what this blog is for! Everytime I forget to log my meals or go over my calories for the day, I always think of you, my followers. I feel bad & sometimes feel like I've let you all down.
When I started my journey to weight loss, it was mainly because my friend made a bet with her boyfriend. The bet was to lose 100 lbs by December 2009. I hopped on board to be her support but afer she tranferred to a different department, she stopped (or did she just stop blogging? I can't remember now) & then I wasn't on board 100% anymore.

From time to time I re-read my introduction so that I remember why I started this in the first place. It's also amazing how motivated I was when I first started this journey. I want that back! The first month when I lost 15 lbs., I thought it was going to be a piece of cake. I thought to myselft, I just lost 15 lbs in one month! If I keep it up, I will be at 130 lbs in NO TIME! I seriously thought I could get it done within 6 months! Look at where I'm at now. I am at my 7 month mark & I'm no where close to being near my goal!

Reflecting on a part of my introduction post:
I asked myself, Why do you want to lose weight? These are the reasons why:
  • I want to lose weight for me. (I still want this!)
  • I want to lose weight because I want to feel good about myself again. (I still want this!)
  • I want to be able to play sports with my kids and not get tired right away & have a shortness of breath. (I still want this!)
  • I want to lose weight because I want to live to see my kids grow up. (I still want this!)
  • I want to lose weight because I am tired of living an obesed life! (I still want this!)
  • I want to lose weight and keep it off! (I still want this!)
I may not have been blogging, tracking my calories or exercising on a daily basis but the fact of the matter is, I STILL want to lose weight, I STILL want to get back into shape & eat healthier. I know it's not going to happen overnight or in just a couple of months. It's going to take time & I just have to be strong & pray about it. I need to keep praying to the Lord for strenth. I know I can do this! I will do this!

With that being said, here are my goals for the week.
* Exercise
* Drink more water
* Cut back on diet soda
* Prepare meals the night before to avoid rushing in the morning.
* Maintain my food journal...buy a notebook & stick to the basics.

I say stick to the basics because I downloaded a sweet program onto my blackberry & sometimes the food I eat or the brand I purchase is not loaded into the database so I end up forgetting to log it. When that happens I usually go over my calories. Since then, I've created a twitter account to also help me with logging my meals. You can find me here if you want to follow me.

Long term goals:
* Run a 5k
* Start weight lifting (I haven't done this since high school!)

That's all I have for now. I get back on track tomorrow & I hope I do better! I hope you all had a great day!


1 comment:

  1. I will be here to encourage you and keep you accountable if you will for me girl! we can do this

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind words of encouragement,

Krisha