Weight Loss Goal: 100 lbs or whatever I'm comfortable with.

Friday, December 5, 2008

Day 5 - Today was a good day!

FRIDAY!!!!!  It's FINALLY Friday!!!!  TGIF!!!

It's been a long week!  I've been looking forward to the weekend!  Much needed time to spend with my family and basically just to relax!

Reflecting on my first week, I would have to say I did pretty good!  There were MANY times I wanted to quit and just go back to my "old" ways!  I kept thinking I could just go back to the way things were before and I'll be happy.  But if I did that would I really be happy?  I don't think so.  I know that I would feel really guilty and really bad about myself because I just gave up only after a few days.  I would live life wondering what my weight would have been if I keep to the program.  More importantly, I would feel bad for letting JSP down because I quit.

I tried to stay positive about it and I even went walking once this week :)  Next week my goal is to walk everyday during my lunch break or after I get off work if I am not able to fit it in during my lunch.  Seriously, I've got to get some type of excercise in if I want to lose weight....ugh!

In my head I keep thinking that I don't have time for it.  I 've got this to do and that to do.....I just don't have the time to fit in excercising....  I just need to crunch it in somewhere.  Believe it or not I'm a very organized person and I've got to plan things out.  So sometime this weekend I need to grab my calendar and squeeze in excercise time!

I must admit that I gave in to one of my cravings today.  A bean burrito from Taco Bell!  OMG, was it good!  I was savoring every bite and I was on cloud nine!  It's funny now that I'm typing about it but it's true!  I did not eat out all week and since I had 850 for dinner, I thought I would snack on a bean burrito my kids did not eat last night.

Well tonight I rewarded myself with a sub from Subway!!!  It's funny now but I counted my calories 4 times just to make sure I had enough.

Here's my meal breakdown for the day:

Breakfast
2 slices wheat bread = 140 calories
1 tablespoon peanut butter = 95 calories
1 tablespoon strawberry jam = 50 calories
1 stick of gum = 5 calories

     TOTAL = 290 calories


Snack #1
1 cup of jello = 10 calories
22 oz. water = 0 calories

     TOTAL = 10 calories


Lunch
1 can chicken noodle soup = 175 calories
44 soup crackers = 120 calories
4 tablespoons picante sauce = 20 calories
22 oz of water = 0 calories
1 can of diet Dr. Pepper - 0 calories

     TOTAL = 315 calories


Snack #2
8 mini carrots = 35 calories
1 bean burrito from Taco Bell = 350 calories
1 can of diet Dr. Pepper - 0 calories

     TOTAL = 385 calories


Dinner
6 inch sub from Subway - Turkey breast & ham on wheat - 290
2 slices swiss cheese - 50
2 tablespoons mustard - 5 calories
3 slices tomato - 5 calories
1 tub of pringles - 100 calories
5 small yellow peppers - 10 calories
1 can of diet Dr. Pepper - 0 calories
16.9 oz of bottled water - 0 calories

     TOTAL = 460 calories

My GRAND TOTAL calorie intake today was 1460!  I did GOOD!!!  YAY!!!

Water intake:  60.9 oz
Excercise:  No excercise today

I was so proud of myself today.  I resisted CUPCAKES!!!!  One of our fellow co-workers brought in a Christmas Tree of cupcakes and offered it to everyone.  The cupcakes were all right behind me and I could smell the frosting!!!!!  Everytime I got up to do something I would see them and want to grab one and eat it!!!!  Talk about teasing me!!!  hahahaha.  At the end of the day I left with 4 cupcakes!!!  But not for me, my kiddos :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your kind words of encouragement,

Krisha